
I grew up too fast and I think I'm paying for the consequences for it now. I grew up too fast early on, and I didn't have anyone to depend on or to lean on for help. Everything that happened was such a burden that I learned to cope with it on my own and have become dependent on no one but myself. I thought I could get away with it...
but now there are consequences. I think my extreme independence has put a hold many of my friendships with other people. I have no judgments on others, but I never have the expectation for someone to care. It's so hard for me to accept it because I stopped expecting it at such a young age. Am I really hardened to the world and the people around me?
People hear yet they don't listen... people talk but without action... so what's to expect? Can't I live at my own pace without the concern of others? Or maybe, that is exactly what I need. To slow down and to not be guarded of the things around me.
To learn to be dependent, to learn to accept, to learn to have expectations...
It's easy to forget and to just continue living... it's easy to put feelings aside and to keep busy... it's easy fall back into old habits...
it's all too easy...
