What do you want?A car? Good grades? To become a doctor? A lawyer? A firefighter?
How about a pony? A dog? An orange? Or a friend?
Happiness? Answers? A reason? A future?
A boyfriend? A girlfriend? A prayer? A purpose?
I realized knowing what we want is one of the most important things that can define who we are and can reveal who we want to be. Regardless of whether those wants are feasible to obtain, those desires explain our inner most feelings and personality.
A simple "What do you want" will tell you all about a person. Having hopes, dreams, and ambitions are what drives us to do the things we do.
But what happens when you don't know? What happens when everything is decided for you, and suddenly you have the world at your hands. What do you do with it? Do you second guess yourself? Second guess everything you strived for and believed in, just because someone told you it's wrong?
A simple "What do you want" can turn into a "Who are you" and "Who do you want to be".
Sometimes we realize who we are and who we want to be are two completely different people. We lose sight of who we want to be by the patterns of this world and then find ourselves again when the world is at a distance.

It doesn't matter if what we "want" is plausible to get.
It matters that we know what we "want" and that we become defined by who we want to be, not what others want us to be.
No one can give you dreams and no one can impose a hope in you. You have to find that in yourself. Reveal your passions, your hurts, you desires, your dreams, and your "wants".
What do you want?
.// I want someone to listen to me. I want to feel the happiness of a child's innocent jubilant joy. I want to be a physical therapist. I want the lightbulb in my bathroom to stop flickering. I want to play piano. I want to capture the beauty of what love is in a picture or painting. I want to plant a sunflower. I want to read during story time at the library to little kids. I want to sing in public without having any stage fright. I want to see a shooting star. I want to drive to the base of a rainbow and see if there is that pot of gold waiting. I want...\\
